Hi. Thank you for taking the time to look around my website and reading more about me. My (real) name is Barbi and I’ve been working with individuals and couples for almost 10 years. I am originally from New York, but have lived in California for more than 12 years. I have two children and two dogs and we live in Newport Beach, CA.
I also recently celebrated my nine year wedding anniversary and I know first-hand how challenging being in a long-term, committed relationship can sometimes be. Helping people have amazing relationships is my passion. And when my relationship needed help, I also sought out couples therapy for my husband and I. So I’m a therapist and a therapy client!
I know from experience that seeking out relationship help can be a process filled with anxiety and perhaps even shame. However, I truly believe that getting guidance from a counselor who specializes in relationships is a complete game-changer for those who are struggling.
I am here to create a confidential, comfortable space for you and your partner to talk about your concerns and complaints in a way that improves your communication and connection.
Feel free to contact me via text, phone or email to see if I can be helpful to you either individually or with your partner. Please see the resources section for my specialized relationship tips and my eBook.
- License # MFC 50901
- B.S. In Communications from Ithaca College, Ithaca NY
- Masters in Marriage & Family Therapy, Alliant International University, San Diego, CA
Training and Certifications
- Over 3,000 hours as a pre-licensed professional under supervision
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) externship – 40 hours of training
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy Level 1 – 13 hours of training
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy Level 2 – 21 hours of training
- Introductory and Advanced Discernment Counseling training – 16 hours of training
- The Developmental Model of Couples Therapy – a 12 month training program
Professional member of The American Association of Marriage & Family Therapy (AAMFT)